MOBILE ECOMMERCE: TRENDS, COST, AND TIPS TO BUILD APP THAT SELLS BEST IN 2018
- By admin
- September 26th, 2018
- Comments Off on MOBILE ECOMMERCE: TRENDS, COST, AND TIPS TO BUILD APP THAT SELLS BEST IN 2018
Mobile app development is an endless subject. In this topic, we are going to touch on a relevant topic that concerns a special type of mobile app – mobile ecommerce apps (mCommerce app).
Due to the constant progress, there are a lot of mobile commerce technologies that drastically change this industry. Since e-Commerce is massively going mobile nowadays, the similar question arises: ‘Do you need an mCommerce app for your store?’.
eCommerce is no longer a promising prospect of the future. IN our times mCommerce app are must have for each entrepreneur who runs a retail business.Since customers are more likely to use mobile devices than a desktop to buy products, the store owners should definitely build their own e-commerce mobile applications.
What are the benefits of M-commerce app development?
Mobile leads to a higher rate of impulse buys since reaching a shop or arrying around a sufficient amount of cash is no longer needed. Buying a product takes just a few taps on your smartphone and this fast process creates ideal conditions for impulse purchases.
Building a responsive website may seem a quite good decision but it can’t display content so quick and simple as native apps can.
According to Google’s survey conducted in 2016, 58% of users of m-commerce mobile apps were utilizing them to compare prices, search for special offers, read product reviews and eventually buying online. And 66% of users make at least one purchase a week via mobile apps. It’s also known that 9 out of 10 customers have their phones available in their pockets 24/7.
Mobile commerce trends in 2018
- AR enters the marketplace
- Omnichannel shopping experience
- One-click purchasing
- Shopping personalization
How to create a mobile Ecommerce design that converts?
- Provide zooming product photos using touch gestures
- Enable saving shopping cart items
- Make your app look more secure
- Make checkout process fast
- Enable automatic suggestions
- Make a search bar to be clearly visible
How much does the ecommerce app development cost in 2018?
As you may know, cost evaluation concerning software development starts with defining time required for development team to spend on each feature. The more features an app contains and the more complex they are results in more time consumption.
- Cart as it includes various payments systems integration. Average time on this feature 70 110 hours.
- User profile. It contains shoppers’ individual data, a profile image, allows to monitor order and payment history. It takes 35 – 50 hours on average.
- Main screen that allows to search and filter products. It also comprises of different product lists: all products, watched, last purchased and popular products. Average time on this feature – 30 – 45 hours.
- Product details screen that includes photo slider where you can watch a large product photo, rate a product or write your review about it. This page also allows to share products via popular social networks like Facebook and Instagram. Average time on this feature – 20 – 40 hours.
- Design: 120-200 hours.
- Android/iOS (front-end): 200-300 hours.
- Back-end development: 130-170 hours.
- Non-development and meetings: 150-250 hours.
Planning what features your app will contain is very important because it helps you define the features that are mandatory and the ones that are unnecessary. A wise planning requires taking into account user demands, your budget and business goals.velupr build unsurpassable mCommerce app that are helping enterprise and business organizations to stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in this segment!